Its time once again for soccer tryouts. This year the evaluation schedule includes gold, silver, and bronze for all travelling age groups. This means that most U13-U18 players should be assigned to teams prior to the summer vacation. Registrations in the summer will still be accepted but unless there is space on a team the player will go on a waitlist. All players that attend evaluations must be registered for the upcoming (2016-17) season which starts in Sept. Being registered means:
1. that the player has input their information through the online 2016/17 registration link, www.cowichansoccer.com, or through attendance at an in-person registration session. AND
2. CVSA has received payment through credit card, cash, or cheque. The cheque can be dated anytime between now and June 30/16 and cheques can be mailed, or handed in at an in-person registration session. If players are funded through Tribes; Kidsport or Jumpstart no payment is required but the funding source must be identified in comment section or by status number. AND
3. If the player is new to CVSA a copy of proof of age must be mailed, or brought to an in-person session.
Evaluations begin in April and continue into June. Click on the links below to view or download the schedules for each month. Please note that changes are being made and may not be reflected in the linked PDF documents. Check the article "Player Evaluations Update" and the Club's Facebook page for any changes to the schedule.
Players are expected to show up on time and in appropriate soccer gear wearing cleats, shin guards and shorts.
Updated Information about evaluations for the week of April 25-29:
3) As you are registered for 2016 you do not need to register separately for evaluations.
4) On the first night, the players will be checked in by a registration volunteer and then go and receive a pinnie and be directed to field. Please have any outstanding cheques or proof of age ready to be handed in to help speed the process.
5) Uniforms from last year can be put in the Rubbermaid by the check-in area as long as they are well labelled with player’s name and team and/or coach.
Updated Information about evaluations for the week of May 2-6:
May 2/3/5 will not be U-13 Girls silver evaluations but rather the U-13 Boys Gold call backs.
Updated Information about evaluations for the week of May 16-20:
May 16/17 will only be the U-15 Girls evaluations.
For youth looking to transition into Senior Soccer Teams, below is the contact information and the tentative 2016 Try-Out Schedule. Field location will be confirmed later.
Men’s Divisions we have the following for the 2016/2017 season:
Over 35 C
Over 35 A
Women’s Divisions we have the following for the 2016/2017 season:
Over 30 A
Registration is different with Senior Soccer than the traditional methods in Youth Soccer. Please contact Neall Rowlings if you have any questions or if you are interested in trying out.
Registration for the 2016/17 soccer season opens online March 24, 2016. Our first in-person registration will be on soccer Sunday which is April 10th. Rates are $5 higher this year than last, however, $3 of this increase is a uniform usage fee which is being used this year instead of a $45 uniform deposit.
NOTE: All divisions for girls only (U13-U18) are now full. There are no active spots available. Those who register from now on will be put on a wait list.